The Portraits' View

Printable View

• 10-12-2013, 07:40 AM
    CLKunst
    1 Attachment(s)
    The Portraits' View
    Comments and critique are welcome, suggestions cheerfully explored.

Attachment 92241
  • 10-17-2013, 01:13 PM
    GB1
    Re: The Portraits' View
    Hmm. This one's hard to comment on, Cindy. It definitely has something to it; multiple subjects, different lighting situations, and a bit of mystery thrown in, like How do those people walking in the background relate to the folks in the picture frames on the wall and window frame? They probably don't, but you never know. What could technically be better would be a flatter angle so that the left side is sliding away via perspective like that, and I sort of see the top light outside the window as a distraction. But it's a keeper for sure, certainly doesn't bore someone (too much happening!).

G
  • 10-18-2013, 07:38 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    This is a work of art combining portraits on the wall with that wonderful grab of the people walking by. One of the photos on the windowsill could be better lit. Maybe you could use slight dodging.
  • 10-22-2013, 09:39 AM
    CLKunst
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks for looking GB! I know the plane of the wall bothered me a bit too but I felt like I was so lucky to put the couple right there between all of the other stuff on the windowsill that it's just something I'm prepared to live with. The light is the most annoying part of this whole shot! And the frames on either side it is relatively better blocked by the window frame than the one I posted but it doesn't have the same interest without the couple outside.

Don thanks! I'm glad you appreciate the details of this one. I took your advice and dodged the small painting and burned in the reflections of the other paintings to bring more attention to them as well.

It is slight but a definite improvement to the scene's details.

Attachment 92264
  • 10-23-2013, 01:36 PM
    Greg McCary
    I agree with GB1 on the outside light being distracting. Other than that I wish there was more room at the bottom as I think the bookstand is to close to the edge of the frame and clone the outlet lower left.
    Nice eye Cindy.
  • 10-23-2013, 03:27 PM
    CLKunst
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks Greg! Can't fix the framing but a few other bits were more achievable.

Attachment 92265
  • 10-23-2013, 05:07 PM
    Greg McCary
    Nice edit Cindy.
  • 10-28-2013, 09:25 PM
    Allen23
    Amazing picture.Its hard to describe in few words..