Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Portrait of Felix

HI all
    Finally got Felix to sit still long enough for me to take his picture. First attempt at background blur in photoshop. Otherwise the picture would have looked to busy I think. I am new so any comments would be appreciated.

Jake.

Felix2

Re: Portrait of Felix

I like the pose and positioning of Felix, and the background blur looks natural, but in my opinion, there are still some problems with the background. The top of the cat's head, and the top of his back blend almost seamlessly into the black portions of the background. The brushed chrome leg is almost exactly centered and divides the photo in half at the top, plus, even blurred the background is fairly busy. Cats can be tougher than they look. They're not particularly cooperative so I understand what you're up against. The cat looks great, nice and sharp, but I think you need to catch him again in another part of the house/yard. Keep shooting!

Re: Portrait of Felix

Thank's Jetrim I will keep trying.

Jake

Thread Information