Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Peak

Peak

Colour or Black and white?

Also, does it do anything for anyone? lacks a subject? kinda boring?

Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: Peak

Colour.. I think that you have a problem with it as to the scale of the mountain, I have to imagine how rugged and big it probably is,hope you get what I mean. The shot it's self I find very good, maybe the foreground is upsetting the balance?. (Colour, hah Canadian. Hi mate, colour Aus.. )

Colour version for me, and how could mountains like this ever be boring
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

I like both because you have done a good conversion. It's a good shot in itself but I would like to see more here of the surrounding peaks and how everything around related to this larger bulk.
    But these bulks are always good for the eye and mind; but never boring.
    Well done Liban
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

I like the color edit. The B&W lacks something.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Color for me.
    It lacks a sense of scale, but the rugged beauty of the peak keeps it from being at all boring.
    "The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lang

flickr

GB1

Both are striking to me.

Are they boring? Not to me. But the fact is that shots like this are usually very straightforward. They can impress initially but often fail to hold one's interest in the long run. I think for a photo (or painting) to stand the test of time that it needs mystery.

Given that, this one isn't bad because it is somewhat different in angle and lighting than many such shots, and the clouds above it make you say "wow, that's how it is at high elevation."

I would try to sharpen up a little and, if you did any cropping, to see if there's any more above the mountain that you can add back in, for it may be a tad cramped up there.

Nice work, and I am sure it was a fun experience.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Lang, lol, it gives me the red underline every time i type colour here. I will never succumb to the pressure!

hminx, thank u.

Tom, thanks man, i have a few other shots of the surrounding areas. i'll get to them and post them soon.

Thanks Greg

Thanks cm

GB, yeah, not enough to keep the attention of the eye there too long, that's why i was asking if it was boring. lol. oh, i did sharpen it a bit and no, it was cropped, but i do have other shots of the surrounding area, and i think i might even have shot a panorama. thanks
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

colour here. I will never succumb to the pressure
    Now that is what us Colonials want to hear, ( a 'Roo chewing on a Maple leaf)..
    As I live in a "flat brown land" I would like to see your other shots, as we ignore New Zealand (it's a cricket/football thing) seriously, I want to see 'where I live' from all areas, just us people who take photos of around them ,without too much 'tarting up' , gazing at shots here gives me a ponder with how you live and where you live, also ideas of where I live.. Lang

lol Lang. Yes, that's the thing, the earth is beautiful! This is Switzerland btw, and it's definitely not where i live. I would love to live there though. most beautiful place on earth! I heard NZ was quiet the place also, u shouldn't ignore it. lol Also australia is very nice, though it's too far for me to travel anytime soon, i hate long flight trips. 8-9 hours is my cap. that restrains me to as far south as south america or east as europe.
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Color Version. Nice Shot. Feels Remote.

Thread Information