Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

For A Pal -- reshoot

If some of you remember, I submitted this for critique a couple of months ago when the weather was less than ideal. Yesterday I had the opportunity to reshoot it. I added a border this time. The statue is called For A Pal, and is dedicated to Guadalcanal vets.
    John

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: For A Pal -- reshoot

The angle isn't working for me as I need to look close to see what he's doing and I assume he's holding a cross but I have to assume that.
    All the technical stuff seems fine to my amateur eye.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    The angle isn't working for me as I need to look close to see what he's doing and I assume he's holding a cross but I have to assume that.
    All the technical stuff seems fine to my amateur eye.
    Thanks Frog......I wanted to get a shot that had the flag in it, but I understand your point. I am going to keep working this statue, as it has a lot of impact, and I want to make sure I catch it right.
    John

Hi John .. the difficulty here, for me, is that the soldier is only seen from the back. It is obvious he is a soldier, but shooting it from there means there is little being conveyed of his emotion. I am not sure you can manage that while still keeping the flag in, but I can appreciate why you tried.

Keep at it - I am certain you will nail this one with a reshoot or two.

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Didache
    Hi John .. the difficulty here, for me, is that the soldier is only seen from the back. It is obvious he is a soldier, but shooting it from there means there is little being conveyed of his emotion. I am not sure you can manage that while still keeping the flag in, but I can appreciate why you tried.

Keep at it - I am certain you will nail this one with a reshoot or two.

Cheers
    Mike

Well Mike...I did have views from the front, but the sky wasn't as nice from the backside, so I didn't post them. I'll be taking my camera back when I go Thursday for my next shift. Hopefully the skies will be sunny and blue.
    John

Thread Information