Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: P-Rizzy

P-Rizzy

One thing I haven't really dabbled much in is shooting people. I am borrowing a friend's Nikon 18-70mm AF-S lens to try out right now. Hanging out with some friends on the porch earlier, I decided to try my hand at it a bit. This was one shot I liked a bit, though is it just me or does it look like it's someone else's arm holding up the cigarette?...LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-Rizzy-dsc_9005.jpg  
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: P-Rizzy

I probably wouldn't have noticed but since you mentioned it, it does.
    I intend to get into at least some portrait photgraphy as soon as I can find a willing subject so since I have little experience take anything I say with a grain of salt.
    The vertical frame or whatever bothers me and the lack of light balance from left to right on his face. That could be the effect you want though.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks for the input Frog I went with the landscape layout as I thought it fit the candid nature of the shot better. The lighting was chosen as I thought it portrayed his mood better. My friend Chris is a super nice guy. Almost too nice for his own good. As such, he gets picked on a bit by some from in our circle. He had just gotten done taking a couple "elbows" when I snapped this.
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

I like this one a lot. Would have been nice to see a little smoke from the ciggy. The vertical frame is a bit of a pain.
    But overall the landscape works for me.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Thank Tom I agree, I wish I could have caught a little more smoke in hindsight. Didn't even think of it at the time
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Thread Information