Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Over the Wall Between Public and Private

GB1

Re: Over the Wall Between Public and Private

Not a bad concept. If I were to do it however I think I would have shot from almost the exact same perspective and angle of the wall. That is, on each photo, the wall would be located in the exact same 1/4 inflection pt of the photo except swaping sides. The wall would also have the exact same diagonal angle.

The conversion of one side to B&W.... hmmm, not sure if this works for me in this particular area. But it is a good idea (sort of like The Wizard of Oz, Kansas is B&W anad Oz is color). Perhaps if the angles were the same, it would work with me better.

Anyways, again, nice idea.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

"Artisaliethatmakesusreali zetruth" PlantedTao's Avatar

The contrast is way too much for the B&W.
    I like the color better. Good concept and I have to agree with GB on improvements. I would like to see a bit more depth/height to the wall so you dont get that plank effect.

Also, my eyes are really drawn to that sidewalk. It has a very interesting look with the moss going thru it like a river. I think that has the most interest in the photo, although I enjoy the concept you came up with.

Cheers.
    I'm always mentally photographing everything as practice.
    Minor White

Thanks guys

Thread Information