Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Swans

Swans

I was dogsitting this weekend for a family who boards their horses at the stables I work. They had a pond on the property with 9 swans (along with a horde of geese and ducks that the swans tried futily to keep away). It was a mating pair and their seven babies, which were almost grown. Really beautiful, I got a couple of nice shots.

In the first shot, I got a pretty nice reflection, but its not entirely clear and warped a little bit, I'm wondering if it would be better to crop and cut out some of the reflection-- the second picture is my crop attempt. Maybe its me, but there's something about the three beaks in the reflection that's a little disconcerting to me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swans-swan2.jpg   Swans-swan1.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Swans

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose
    I was dogsitting this weekend for a family who boards their horses at the stables I work. They had a pond on the property with 9 swans (along with a horde of geese and ducks that the swans tried futily to keep away). It was a mating pair and their seven babies, which were almost grown. Really beautiful, I got a couple of nice shots.

In the first shot, I got a pretty nice reflection, but its not entirely clear and warped a little bit, I'm wondering if it would be better to crop and cut out some of the reflection-- the second picture is my crop attempt. Maybe its me, but there's something about the three beaks in the reflection that's a little disconcerting to me.

I wish you had the feather detail in the first that you do in the third. I didn't notice the three beaks unitl I read it, but that might be just me.

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar

Re: Swans

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose

I didn't notice the three beaks either until i Read your post, what i did notice is that I would like to see all of its reflection! I take it that is full frame?
    If not I would crop or clone out the top right hand distraction ( another swan?) and take it down to the bottom of the reflection.. making the Reflection *and* the swan your subject.

Graceful looking things!
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Thread Information