Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

One more for Gary

I feel that the best way to show how much you love somebodies work is not to simply copy their idea, but to try and put something of your own into it. In that vien I bring you the "Boat Ramp Sign"

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: One more for Gary

Your on to something here, Almo. I like it. There is lots of different shaped signs with all sorts of colors and they range from new to weathered. Plus, the message they are born to tell give another interesting dimesion. . .a story. Good comp, and framing of this. Good work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Your on to something here, Almo. I like it. There is lots of different shaped signs with all sorts of colors and they range from new to weathered. Plus, the message they are born to tell give another interesting dimesion. . .a story. Good comp, and framing of this. Good work
    Thanks Gary!

I hope you arn't botherd by all the attention, and adulation. I felt really bad after criticizing your other post so much. I always feel like a thug when I do that.

Anyway I am really a big fan of what you do. I am not into the hollywood crowd, or heaping praise on musicians and sports stars. It's guys like you, and the others here on pr.com that are the stars in my world!

Thanks for inspiring me....
    Last edited by almo; 04-22-2005 at 08:14 AM.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Almo,

This is your best layer work yet in my opinion. Vivid colors, interesting/odd subject, and wonderful shot! Though it's a tad too centered, the tight crop works with it.

Nice shot,

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    Almo,

This is your best layer work yet in my opinion. Vivid colors, interesting/odd subject, and wonderful shot! Though it's a tad too centered, the tight crop works with it.

Nice shot,

Jared
    Thank you so much Jared. You are getting very good at making me feel good about myself...;)

I don't see what you see in it being too centered, but hey we all see things that others don't, eh?
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    I feel that the best way to show how much you love somebodies work is not to simply copy their idea, but to try and put something of your own into it. In that vien I bring you the "Boat Ramp Sign"

Almo,

This shot have a great visual impact on me. I like what I see! The colors "pop" just enough, it is distinctive without being too flashy.

I am thinking that it would be interesting to see the sign in its context (assuming that its surrounding is reasonably clean). I am thinking about an horizontal frame were one could see an hint of the road at angle.

regards

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Seb
    Almo,

This shot have a great visual impact on me. I like what I see! The colors "pop" just enough, it is distinctive without being too flashy.

I am thinking that it would be interesting to see the sign in its context (assuming that its surrounding is reasonably clean). I am thinking about an horizontal frame were one could see an hint of the road at angle.

regards

Seb
    I do plan on getting back out there on A1A sometime in the near future. i will stop by and retake it a few times, and see what i can come up with.

Thanks for the great comment!
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Great Photo cant wait to C your next one

Thread Information