Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: One for Daisy

One for Daisy

My best friend Daisy, a Coon dog, past away yesterday. This one is for her. One a Coon dog would enjoy. RIP Daisy.

One for Daisy by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Re: One for Daisy

Greg,

I am sorry to hear about your best friend Daisy. You chose one of your most beautiful and touching images to honor Daisy.

How old was Daisy - and how long have you been friends? It is so difficult to lose such a special friend, and I'm glad to shared it here with your friends at PR. I will pray for you, Greg, that you will be consoled. Was Daisy your only pet? I hope you have support. Please don't hesitate to share with us on VF too.

God bless you.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    My best friend Daisy, a Coon dog, past away yesterday. This one is for her. One a Coon dog would enjoy. RIP Daisy.

One for Daisy by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

Liz Daisy was two. I had only had her a few months. The UPS truck hit her and she shattered her hips. Before I fell off of that bridge I never got attached to an animal. But now I love animals. I got to tell her goodbye. I must admit I cried like a baby. I feel like its part my fault. I let her run free.
    The UPS manager came by to check on me. He was so nice. Daisy slipped on a wet road and slid under the truck.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Liz Daisy was two. I had only had her a few months. The UPS truck hit her and she shattered her hips. Before I fell off of that bridge I never got attached to an animal. But now I love animals. I got to tell her goodbye. I must admit I cried like a baby. I feel like its part my fault. I let her run free.
    The UPS manager came by to check on me. He was so nice. Daisy slipped on a wet road and slid under the truck.
    Greg,

Wow! That's tough. I'm sure the UPS guy felt terrible too. I hope you're going to get another dog. It's important.

And let me add that IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT! It is our tendency to blame ourselves, but you were doing what you felt would make Daisy happy - and your provided a wonderful home and a best friend for her too!

Greg - I think you should post a duplicate of this thread - or at least something in Viewfinder so that the community here can read it. Not everyone checks into the Critique forum - just like not everyone checks into the VF forum!

Liz

Thank Liz. Yes I want another Dog. I will be shopping for one during the holidays, thanks for the prayers. I'll post in VF as well.

Sony a99/a7R

RIP
    Sorry for your lost
    and your image is perfect , the cross for the memories and the moon for the distance created by Daisy's departure

One for Daisy

sorry to hear this

I also let my dog run free

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Neous View Post
    RIP
    Sorry for your lost
    and your image is perfect , the cross for the memories and the moon for the distance created by Daisy's departure
    Very well spoken.....

Liz

I am so sorry for your loss Greg. I am lucky to have two best friends and I can’t even begin to imagine how it would feel to go through such a tragedy. This is a beautiful tribute to your Daisy!

Beautiful photo Greg. sorry to hear about your loss, its always difficult losing a family member. This wonderful image is a fine tribute and the memories that daisy has given everyone will always have her living in the hearts and minds of those fortunate to know her.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thanks all. I never understood people getting attached to animals until after I fell.

Sony a99/a7R

Nice shot mate, and sorry for your loss.

Thans baldemort.

Sony a99/a7R

A befitting tribute Greg. Sometimes losing a pet can be like losing a family member.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Thanks Pete. There is a void in my life she once filled. Animals can teach us about life and death.

Sony a99/a7R

Greg,
    Sorry for your loss. I cried for every dog that had been a "family member", when they died.
    Don't know which is harder, but I think having to have one put down is a little worse.

Never the less, I'm hoping you will find another "best friend" soon.

Norris
    Plant a tree, help it grow. Children need something to climb.
    Critique any picture; any where; any time.

Quote Originally Posted by gotrocks View Post
    Greg,
    Sorry for your loss. I cried for every dog that had been a "family member", when they died.
    Don't know which is harder, but I think having to have one put down is a little worse.

Never the less, I'm hoping you will find another "best friend" soon.

Norris
    Thanks Norris. I have thought about getting another dog but don't want to go through the heartbreak of losing another one.

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks Norris. I have thought about getting another dog but don't want to go through the heartbreak of losing another one.
    Try fostering for a rescue organization. You have one for a few days to a few months and then there is a happy ending when their forever home is found. It is somewhat hard to let them go, but they never get old and the loss is not devistating. A new one arrives in a few days to fully occupy your thoughts with new problems. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker View Post
    Try fostering for a rescue organization. You have one for a few days to a few months and then there is a happy ending when their forever home is found. It is somewhat hard to let them go, but they never get old and the loss is not devistating. A new one arrives in a few days to fully occupy your thoughts with new problems. - Terry
    That's a good idea Terry. My fence was damaged in the last round of tornados. Now that I have it fixed I think another dog would be welcomed. I like to get coon dogs because I feel like I am saving them if the beatings and shocking of coon hunt training.

Sony a99/a7R

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Well a spammer has brought up an old thread that I would probably have missed.
    A bit late but my condolences to you, Greg.
    I had wanted a dog for many years as I'd grown up with a wonderful one and I made the mistake of going into the local humane society one day and got tagged by my best friend, Sadie. She's an Australian Shepherd and so full of energy that I have to keep my old bones going just to keep her happy.
    Without her, I'd probably just be sitting around doing nothing.
    There was a show on Nova about dogs and how the bond between man and dog is not duplicated anywhere else in the animal world...amazing animals.

Now do not open this laink unless you are prepared to spend some time with tears rolling out....GoD And DoG by Wendy J Francisco - YouTube
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Wow Frog, now I want another dog. You should post that on your Facebook wall. Thanks for sharing.

Sony a99/a7R

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I did but it was a while back.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I like the capture and am very sorry for your loss.

We had to put our 18 year old cat named Ayla to sleep earlier this year. It was tragic and I feel the loss again when I learn of someone else losing a beloved member of the family.

I’m sure Daisy had a great friend in you!

I also hope you will get another pet. It’s good to have pets and while another one never replaces an earlier one, pets go a very long way to making a life happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Justan View Post
    I like the capture and am very sorry for your loss.

We had to put our 18 year old cat named Ayla to sleep earlier this year. It was tragic and I feel the loss again when I learn of someone else losing a beloved member of the family.

I’m sure Daisy had a great friend in you!

I also hope you will get another pet. It’s good to have pets and while another one never replaces an earlier one, pets go a very long way to making a life happier.
    I am sorry for your loss as well and thanks.

Sony a99/a7R

GB1

The photo has impact even without the caption. From a photography standpoint I don't care for the black frame, but under the circumstances it is good. Nice image ...

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information