Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Old Tobacco Barn - Take 2

This is the whole building this time. The light was kind of nice but I'm not sure if that is enough to make the photo interesting. All C&C are welcomed.

Take care,
    Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Tobacco Barn - Take 2-783a1006-b-800.jpg  

Re: Old Tobacco Barn - Take 2

I think its a neat subject, but is that enough to make it an interesting subject? I run into this problem also. Maybe if it were b&w or the door was slightly open?

I like it but think you were a little to close. I would like to see a little of where it is. Maybe put the old shed in the left third of the shot showing a little of the wooded area. I like the subject, you nailed exposure and the lighting is wonderful. The left side of the image is perfect, just a little more space on the right. Great image
    And maybe a little more room at the top too.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Beautiful light, but not much content. Why did you photograph this? What did you feel when you saw it? Was that the same feeling you were trying to get across?
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I really think there is great photo in there somewhere. I hope to get back there to try again.

I agree with Greg here in that it is a worthy subject with good lighting but it is not enough to fill the entire frame up with. Pulling back to show some of this subjects surroundings and setting would most likely make this more interesting and bring a mood as well.
    I see what you isolated in your last shot called "Barn Abstract" and it worked very well. Just as I can really appreciate this barn from the detail,tones, and texture you brought out in that other thread, the same can happen here by pulling out and bringing this subject to us with more of it's surroundings.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information