Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Old Lace

Old Lace

Since we seem to have several Queen Anne's Lace threads going, I thought I'd add another. They sometimes curl up like this when the seeds are mature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Lace-05.jpg  
    ----------------------------

Re: Old Lace

Chunk, this subject is interesting in the way it is curled up like a ball with all the intricate details for the taking. It looks sharp enough in most areas, especially the focal point and that is important in this image, I feel. I think the crop may be a bit too tight, but it's ok. i would like to see the bg burned in a bit too get the subject to pop more. Good work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I love the details in this Chunk. I will deffinetly have to pay more attention to the details in this things this summer and fall.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks Gary. Good suggestion, I'll give the burn in a try.

Thanks Mike. I saw another shot yesterday. A whole roadbank was filled with last years plants and the sun was just high enough that those lacy seed heads were illuminated but the grass below was still in shadow. I thought it would look like snowflakes. No camera of course.

I think it would be fun to make a large brass wire model of a QAL flower head.

Chunk,

Great shot! Love the detailedness of the shot and a beautiful feel to it. The crop is a tad tight for me, but I think this works still. Wonderful shot!

Thread Information