Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Officer on Duty

Officer on Duty

This was takin on a reccent trip to NYC and I had to do it discretely because the cop looked at me pretty suspiciously. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Officer on Duty-p.jpg  

Re: Officer on Duty

Wow, this is truly an awesome capture. Excellent composition and arrangement of negative space. His expression and gesture adds a lot to the photograph as well. I love the lines coming around on either side of the building, it creates a great sense of space. The different textures and tones in the photograph are also very nice.

Well done Dave.

Thanks for the complements on this one. II wish i could have had a better camera at the time I took this because it was with a point and shoot. The sensor picks up hard contrasts and I could do much manually. He has alittle bit of a hightlight glare from the sun. In real life His eyes really stuck out which would have made it stronger.

MB1

Did you crop the image?

I would like to see the lines above his head meeting at the corner.

I don't care for the tonal range in the image but I think the composition and subject plus the look on his face overcome any small technical flaws.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Like I said the camera is what does it... if I was shooting with a cannon 5D I guarantee this would have worked..lol It was a slight crop not much though. The lines converging weren't in the original.

Thread Information