Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Ninja & Beer

Ninja & Beer

A little more playing tonight.

Re: Ninja & Beer

I like the idea and processing. Maybe the rest of the sword in the shot, just a nit pick though.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

If you really want this to work, I think you need to put more of a lighting emphasis on the bottle and sword. I also think you need to follow through and get the shot of the sword breaking the bottle. I don't think you can do this one halfway. It's a cool concept, though. Try again?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

More action figures Tom? I like this, made me smile and nice dramatic lighting on the face. I'm seeing a blue cast to the lighting here and wonder if that's intentional? If not try leveling your blacks or adjusting your white balance to flash. Fun one! Keep bouncing that light around!
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Thanks for the comments.
    Greg, you are correct about the sword hilt.
    John, I thought it was interesting that the sword appeared black, but maybe you are right about the lighting. And the concept could go further, in fact, now I want the bottle to explode foam. I'll have to work on that.
    Cindy, you should see my upstairs workspace, I have hundreds of figures. And thanks for pointing out the blue cast, I hadn't noticed it.

The blueish cast bothers me some also, I think I would like it more in a dramatic black and white tones to give it more impact. Cool idea though! It doesn't bother me at all that the entire handle of the sword is not showing, in fact I would have never noticed had someone else not mentioned it. But that's just my humble opinion! :-)

I think you did pretty well here. I agree with Greg about the rest of the sword included, but not a big issue. I think the biggest concern is wanting a bit tighter sharpness on the face. Also, a bit of rim light (hitting the subject from back/side) would get it to stand out stronger.
    Good work here, Arne!
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information