Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Niagra Sky Wheel

From a recent trip to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls,
    C&C always welcome.

Ed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niagra Sky Wheel-niagra-sky-wheel.jpg  

Re: Niagra Sky Wheel

Great perspective and clean and sharp, Nice job!

I agree. A very nice conversion as well. Nice work.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I love the perspective and the cars getting smaller and smaller. composition is great and a very nice black and white conversion. only improvement i can think of is if the sky was a little darker. but with all the little areas in between the metal beams this kind of correction will be a nightmare in photoshop. only way i think of doing it is to use a red filter. some black and white conversion software like Nik Silverefex has the option of applying a filter when converting. I love that program.

Anyways, it's a great shot as is.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Wonderful shot. Fresh perspective and super crisp. Very well done.

I agree with Liban that darkening the sky might be worth a go. I was so curious as to what that would look like that I tried a quick, rough edit myself. Hope you don't mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niagra Sky Wheel-niagra-sky-wheeledit.jpg  

Thank you all. No problem dray,it does look better.
    I will give it a shot in Silverefex myself. Never thought of using a red filter.
    Ed

GB1

Great perspective. The shape is very good, but I feel like the others that it would stand out better if the sky was dark. This one would also work w/ a crop only showing the bottom two and part of the third and fourth box.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

The perspective in this photograph is absolutely stunning and really draws me into the turning of the wheel. I think that the perspective could have been illustrated even better though by coming up from under the wheel, a bit more level, instead of viewing it from directly under the cars. I also would love to see this photograph in colour, I feel that it would stand out a bit more. Overall, it is a technically wonderful image, and definitely makes me look twice.

Nice photo! Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Thread Information