Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

new and appreciating learning

I would like to say hello I am new here! and submit 1 photo for critique Is It the rule to submit only 1? and how often can I submit or show photos? I got a bit confused reading guidelines, I take mostly pet,nature and animal photos but I also enjoy macro and old things such as buildings, abandoned houses etc..with an unusual twist or angle on those types. I really hope I can get a lot of help (I need It) as I have been on some boards that are simply rude and just do not help with a dummy like me! unfortunately I didn't feel I could crop the bush on the right and still get the shot I wanted. I also did try to resize It but that one would not print here anyone know why? Thanks!

The true animal Is In front of the bars, not behind them.

Re: new and appreciating learning

Quote Originally Posted by 4leggedsoul
    I would like to say hello I am new here! and submit 1 photo for critique Is It the rule to submit only 1? and how often can I submit or show photos? I got a bit confused reading guidelines, I take mostly pet,nature and animal photos but I also enjoy macro and old things such as buildings, abandoned houses etc..with an unusual twist or angle on those types. I really hope I can get a lot of help (I need It) as I have been on some boards that are simply rude and just do not help with a dummy like me! unfortunately I didn't feel I could crop the bush on the right and still get the shot I wanted. I also did try to resize It but that one would not print here anyone know why? Thanks!
    I think what is meant is that you only post one picture for each thread. If you want another picture critiqued then make a new thread for it.

Photo-Posting Guidelines

* Only post your own photos!
    * Please post no more than five images a day.
    * Post no more than one image per thread. You may post alternative versions of the same photograph for the sake of comparison.
    * Please post recent work - avoid posting photos more than two years old.
    * Post one critique for every image you post - give back as much as you receive.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

You may post pics up to 800 on a side.
    One way I do it other than re-sizing in photoshop is using the windows power toy re-sizer.
    Google windows power toys and you'll find it and its very easy to use and doesn't affect your original jpeg.
    As for your pic, it is quite small and would have a lot more impact if it were bigger.
    I don't know why you want to crop the bush on the right as it adds a lot of depth to your photo. I'm not so sure about the one on the left, though.
    Beautiful colors and nice shot.
    You won't get the rudeness here that is common in many forums by people who want to prove they are smarter than any body else.
    We have disagreements and debates but in a civil manner and since joining, my photography has improved a hundred fold and knowledge more than that.
    Stick around, and I'd really like to see that pic in a larger size if you can figure out how to post it bigger. To do it in this tread, you'll have to hit the Go Advanced button below.
    Welcome to the group.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I like the color and composition of this one. The bushes don't bother me at all, they frame the mountain beyond well.

Thanks you all so much! I suppose my 1st reason for wanting the bush cropped out was that I had gotten many negative comments on It even tho I like It there...I certainly would like to keep learning as I am bit obssesive with my photography. I did figure out what I had done to mess up the resizing so I will try to post a larger pic Thanks again for the nice welcome!
    The true animal Is In front of the bars, not behind them.

Welcome! You will find the PR boards very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Nice shot -- but, as already stated, bigger would be better! What is your EXIF data?

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

The most important person to like the photo is YOU!
    Critique and advice is often useful and I've often been able to look at my photos in a new way by listening to opinions. But if you like the bush, then be happy with it and obviously the rest of us do to.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information