Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Nevermore

Nevermore

Another 'friend' at the park. All opinions on this picture are appreciated!!

Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Re: Nevermore

Does the raven not deserve even one critique? Or is it just such a 'perfect' picture critique was not necessary?? :ihih:
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChi-Ching
    Does the raven not deserve even one critique? Or is it just such a 'perfect' picture critique was not necessary?? :ihih:

Well heck, I'll step up to the plate. I like the framing, definitely how the raven is perched on the plank that comes into frame. I like your dark tones and I like the super-fuzzy bokeh. What I would like to see, however, is the raven taking up a little more of the image (while keeping the plank where it is) and a little more in focus. Looking at its eyes, I feel like it's a bit soft.
    Overall a pretty nice effort. Thanks for posting!
    Peer through the scope with an amoral code...
    -Naked Raygun

*Arctirus helps old ladies INTO traffic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcmadcow/

"Artisaliethatmakesusreali zetruth" PlantedTao's Avatar

This is one of those shots that is really hard to critique...its not bad and its not that great either. Nothing in it is really that interesting...the bird is a rather boring subject (as far as birds go, IMHO) and is not doing anything interesting. The fg and bg are kinda drab as well. Although I like the focus and position of the bird, I don't see much "going on" in this photo. Sorry if this sounds harse, but it is the way I see it.
    I'm always mentally photographing everything as practice.
    Minor White

I like everything about it except that it is blurred/soft around the head. The highlights are well placed and the background helps the subject stand out. Nice capture.

Most of my bird shots don't come close to this one but I enjoy the "thrill of the shot." I blame it on focal length limitations and newbism.

Thanks for sharing.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Thanks. I do see he is a bit soft, funny how you never really notice 'til someone points it out. The background was not by choice, it was in a park surrounded by trees, everywhere you looked was green!! I will keep trying and maybe talk to the bird and see if he can get something "going on" in the next shot.
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Thread Information