Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

"Neither Rain Nor Snow"

This is the shot straight of the memory card. I played around with some color adjustments, but in the end I liked this best. I didn't feel any cropping was necessary, I really like the off center framing.

Re: "Neither Rain Nor Snow"

cool shot. Very cool idea! Is it a bit overexposed or is it me? (still learning here so it isn't an insult...more an inquiry from the other "pros" )

the white on the van seems to be a tad bit blown out, but over all i like it
    great work
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

As was mentioned the white is blown out and I also wish the wheels weren't chopped off.
    Good panning though.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

HAHAHAHA, this is one great shot. Way to use panning, the white yes is blown out but if you just took it straight off the card maybe you can mess with it on your PP program and see if you can't fix it. Very good technique, gives a very art like appeal.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Quote Originally Posted by retroactiv
    HAHAHAHA, this is one great shot. Way to use panning, the white yes is blown out but if you just took it straight off the card maybe you can mess with it on your PP program and see if you can't fix it. Very good technique, gives a very art like appeal.
    Thanks. Every time I look at it I'm reminded of a Wes Andersen film. It just has the sort of cramped/vibrant color feel that he always does so well.

Thread Information