Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

my inhabitants of my room

I can officially say I am photoed out for the day. Tomorrow morning i get to go drop of my slide film, pick it up wednesday morning, then have it critiqued in class. 36 exposures, each one remotely different. it has certainly been a challenge. this is on (digital) shot of one of the ideas. Me and my roommates.

Shot with the 10d and sigma 24-70 f/2.8. 1" f/2.8, ISO 100, flash triggered by pressing the test button (PWs have no batteries).

Last edited by livin4lax09; 01-23-2007 at 01:32 AM.

Re: my inhabitants of my room

Looks very professional. Like something that you would see on a CD or in a magazine, maybe you should be teaching the class. Very nice job on this one. I really good choice for B&W. It reminds me of the Rolling Stones new CD "A Bigger Bang" with the use of the flashlight....
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

thanks for the comment greg. Maybe I should be teaching the class? Uhh, for right now I'll stick with being the student. lol. But that's definitely a huge compliment. And thanks a ton for the reference, being a young'n I never really listened to the rolling stones much, but I googled it, and it's kind of hard to miss the similarities. Very nice image as well. Again, thanks for pointing me towards it.

Nice composition. Black and white images can be so dramatic.

Jim B.
    Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.

George Burns

New York State Of Mind. J-Dogg Productions's Avatar

it came out nice and clear no noise at all did you edit it in photoshop? when every i take pictures in the dark i have to do alot of work in photoshop to reduce the noise just wondering what you did. but anyway i like the shot its mysterious like what are those guys doing over there, like witches around a pot or something lol.

jay
    J.Curreri

i had to darken a bit of the image, but other than the stuff right behind me and my friend in the sweatshirt (the room wasn't big enough to not shoot against a bed or something) there wasn't any PS done. This is ISO 100 on the 10d, if your camera's got a lot of noise on ISO 100, tou should have it looked at, in my opinion. Unless it's a point and shoot.

New York State Of Mind. J-Dogg Productions's Avatar

photography just a hobby of mine so i don't have any great equipment. im only 17 so my money tends to drift towards my car or my girlfriend lol i have a Panasonic Dmc Fz-20 it has Leica lens with a f2.8 so i cant really compare to a dslr but i was just wondering about your technique thanks

jay
    J.Curreri

Somewhat of a cliché shot. (I did one like it, before you were born.) Nevertheless, the problem as seen in this photo is getting the lighting even on each person.

Ronnoco

Thread Information