Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: My honey

My honey

I'm trying to get better and more comfortable shooting portraits so I've been practicing on my wife who I think makes a lovely model (no bias here ). I'm going for a natural look, so I tried not to overdo the processing or make her look like she's wearing a bunch of makeup (which she doesn't do).

I was using an on-camera flash bounced off our covered porch ceiling with natural morning light coming in from the left. I realize the highlights on her left side are a little hot but they don't seem like a big deal to me.

What do you guys think?

Pentax K-5 & Tamron 28-75 @ 75mm f/2.8 1/180s ISO 80

IMGP5239.jpg by MattB.net, on Flickr

Re: My honey

I think this is a lovely piece. In my opinion the highlights work for this piece. Then again I like the way the light is catching her hair and I think the picture would look weird and unnatural without those super bright highlights because that is where the sun is coming from. Your wife is very lovely by the way. =)

Thread Information