Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Beware: Mom With Camera

My first try at indoor natural light.

I took these today of my daughte, in her pj's... snuggling with her lovey. As always, comments welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first try at indoor natural light.-15resized.jpg   My first try at indoor natural light.-29resized.jpg  
    Kate

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar

Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCubed
    I took these today of my daughte, in her pj's... snuggling with her lovey. As always, comments welcome.
    And well done again.Sell me that model !! i offer twenty dollars and two camels !! lol.Seriously though, i absolutely love the first one.For the wall in my humble etc etc.Second her face is squashed up a bit and does not show her to her best. IAs she is so pretty, any shots of her mum ? Well done and keep them coming.
    Bobby

I really like the first one.
    Composition and exposure is very good. I like the tight crops. The first one shows your 'baby' off very well. It is a photo of her and about her without anything extra or distracting.

The second is also a good shot, I just think that the fingertips and polka-dotted shoulder is a bit distracting.

No 1 for me

Very natural shots of a beautiful model.

I love the eyes and the close crop of the first image. The second seems a little more contrived and there seems a darkness around the eyes (may be my monitor).

I would be interested to know what lighting you use on these shots as they are very effective.

Thanks for sharing
    Andy S
    Focus on the positive!

Beware: Mom With Camera
    These were taken with nothing more than window light.
    Kate

You've placed her very well in relation to the lighting--no shadows or anything. I like the first one most--the crop, the expression, etc, nice "colors" in terms of dark/light. Second one's real good too, however you may want to turn the stuffed animal's "face" a little more towards the camera just to get a better sense of what it is, though of course not so much that that face takes over the shot. Second one looks a liiiiitle posed. Well, I mean of course its posed, but I'm not really feelin the attachment she has towards it.

Thread Information