Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

more beginning work

Here are a few shots i took. for the t.v. shot, my scanner made it way too dark.

The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.

Re: more beginning work

I really like the shot of the dog in the pickup! Your tones are great, and I think you shot from a good angle. If I could suggest an improvement, it would be to zoom in on your subject a little more.
    Great shot!
    Peer through the scope with an amoral code...
    -Naked Raygun

*Arctirus helps old ladies INTO traffic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcmadcow/

thanks. i've been trying to work on my camera angles. my old work had no good angles, but now im trying to get into the habit of getting good shots from good angles.
    The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.

GB1

I like the TV and dog in the car shots.. The doggie shot, I think you should submit that one to a photography contest or two. You will very likely win.

GB

gee thanks..theres an art show my teacher is putting together for southern orange county so i might look into it. this is really motivating.

The dog shot for me is the best of the bunch. i agree with MadCow about getting a bit closer for that , but still works well as it is. The tones are nice an goes with the old car.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

again, thanks. this is all really encouraging. anybody know of any photo contest?

any more suggestions or comments?

The dog is class. But I would not go in closer because it might mean losing some of the "known around the world" signage and that would be a pity. The TV shot is interesting with that visual white noise on the screen. These are nice and different. The Gunnery shots do not hold much interest for me but it's good that you were trying to find a different angle.
    I wish the dog shot was mine.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe C.
    Here are a few shots i took. for the t.v. shot, my scanner made it way too dark.

You have a knack for interesting compositions... I like the first and second the most.

thanks...for my old shots, many peope would always comment on shooting from an interesting angle so i tried to do that for these shots.

Thread Information