Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The Eye of the Beholder

I've been really busy with school this semester, so I haven't had much time to shoot and to post here. Anyway, I managed to finish a roll of film this week so I have a few shots to post.

There's something to shooting an the close up of a horses eye. I still haven't figured out what it is yet. This is better than my other attempts, but I still don't think its great. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A film shooter like myself were becoming somewhat rare these days. I know what you mean about the Horses eye shots. They are magnificent animals.
    I think you did ok with this but something not quite right keeping it from being very effective. First , I think it's a bit on the dark side. You might have needed to spot meter the horses face to avoid the under exposure from the brighter background. Or just overexpose a half to one stop.
    The second thing I would say is a slightly different angle might be better. Possibly just slight more from the front to see a bit more of the white on its face but not too much to lose that profile.
    Hope to see some more like this
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information