Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model 2

Re: Model 2

I love the experiment! Very well done. What method (or software) did you use for cutting her out? Compositing is still a scary term to me.

I didn't mean that the colors in #1 are "off," per say, as much as they just don't blend together. CB would help, but I still think it might look best in b/w.

Getting the pop in #2 would require hair and rim lights, I think. But I'm no lighting expert. I was thinking a second side light like the one Gary used in his latest Steampunk shot.

That latest shot is really cool. Seriously though a gun owner that does not school the model in gun safety is a bit dodgy. But I reiterate there it nothing wrong with the pose she is taking. Even an experienced shooter might hold it that way for effect in my opinion. In fact I bet there are poses where actual killers have posed in more absurd positions...

I like your new background. If you could make those autos go away it would be even better! I am amazed what a little know-how can do to a photo.

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

GB1

Thanks all on the background. I think it's interesting, but like someone here at work said, w/ her tanned skin color it would be better w/ a jungle background (I am thinking Chi). Maybe a blonde model would be best for Berlin eh?

Dray, I used FLUID MASK to cut her out and paste her into the background. It creates a PNG with what appears to be varying transparency with hair - the hardest part to get right. The final cut out still requires some clean up - could be better on borders between pants/arms and background. It cost about $150, a bit high, ... but it works. Topaz suite is prob a better value and includes a remasking tool though I haven't tried it yet. Thks for the ideas on the rim and hair lights. Lighting is so important with models, I've got a ways to go in learning it all.

Daq - sounds like you know your weapons! Why not try such a shoot out there? Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Paula, thanks too, but what's wrong with a car back there? This is West Berlin btw.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I'll be looking into Fluid Mask. I downloaded the demo for Topaz ReMask and honestly can't figure out what makes it so "easy." If you ever happen to figure it out, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Paula, thanks too, but what's wrong with a car back there? This is West Berlin btw.

G
    I'm challenged when it comes to cars so I am guessing there's significance between WB and cars?? Sorry. DH puts gas in them and I go is all I really know...=)

It's really not the cars per se as much as it is that oh so black tire so close to her arm. To me, it's distracting. Not a huge deal, but it's a nit -- and the only one I could find.

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information