Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Mission Espada Entrada

I like this idea of framing the Mission using a window in the wall but want to re-shoot it with a telephoto lens. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mission Espada Entrada-mission-espada-entrada-640.jpg  
    Shooting B&W with:
    a Yashica 635, 120 roll - 80mm Yashinon lens and an Agfa Billy 0 (Zero) 127 roll - Solinar 7.5cm lens
    Shooting color with:
    a Yashica-Mat, 120 roll - 80mm Lumaxar lens and a Canon FTb, 135 roll - 55mm and 85mm FD lenses

Re: Mission Espada Entrada

Really neat shot. It reminds me of the old Clint Eastwood westerns. I think that I have seen them all. I like the buildinrg in the window and the shadows on th wall.
    Greg

Keltic, it's a good idea using the telephoto to shoot the mission through this window. I would shoot it from further back so that more of the mission would be visible in the window. I would like to see this framed so that only the edges of the window are seen in the frame and mostly we get to see the mission. You could either focus on the mission or the window. I would try both.
    In this picture, I feel there is too much of the wall shown and the sky above is not needed. . .also it is too bright so if you did want to shoot it this way again you should do it at a time of day when the lighgt is softer and not harsh.
    I look forward to seeing this done with the tele.
    Last edited by gahspidy; 10-30-2006 at 09:19 AM.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I like this composition a lot.
    Only suggestion if its even possible is wait for light to be right.
    It would be really nice if the foreground wasn't in sunlight but church was.

Thread Information