Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Metairie Cemetery part 2

After some very helpful ideas from folks on this forum I made a few changes on my next trip to the Metairie Cemetery.

Urban Crowding (1 of 1) by questor886, on Flickr

Trio II by questor886, on Flickr
    Yes I processed it this way on purpose.

High Society (1 of 1) by questor886, on Flickr

As always CC is always welcome.

Re: Metairie Cemetery part 2

The 2nd one is most effective for me. It's just very sound photographically and gives off a very nice mood. I think cemeteries are probably hard places to capture that essence in and that photo captures it. the runner up for me is the last one. though, not quite as nice as the 2nd one. the brown tones in this seem to fight the bright cloudy skies present that day. while in the 2nd one, the brownish tint works really well, even for the skies. i think that's because the dark tones is the majority in pic 2. so having the tint to the sky fits well. while in 3, the light tones take up the majority of the pic and having the tint in the sky hurts it.

all in all, i think they're well done. the 1st one doesn't do anything for me.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: Metairie Cemetery part 2

I like the starkness of the first one. It's very real and bold, and the lighting is great. It's my favorite of the three.

Thread Information