Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Masked Adoration

This is one of a short series of photos I took using these prop masks. The camera and lighting settings are the same as for "Portrait of a Mask" It was sort of difficult getting the masks to stay in position hanging on the black background. These were also slightly enamalized in psp8 as I liked the texture it gave to them.
    By the way, this is a great website and forum.

___Gary___
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Masked Adoration-macro0104-1103xweb.jpg  

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar
    And this is a wonderful piece of work.Should be considered for the featured photo ! imo.
    bobby

new medium for modeling

I'm pretty impressed with these...from the colors to the quality of the images(comp, creativity,etc)

Glad you have reached this forum I REALLY look forward to seeing more of your creativity...wow...great job...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Very cool image! I like your creativity. I wish I could be this creative. Excellent exposure and lighting! I also use PSP 8.1. It doesn't seem like there are many of us.
    Lou

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." -Ansel Adams

Thanks for the kind words, Bobby. I am very encouraged by the positive response.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I'm pretty impressed with these...from the colors to the quality of the images(comp, creativity,etc)

Glad you have reached this forum I REALLY look forward to seeing more of your creativity...wow...great job...

Thanks Natalie,

Having seen some of your work and your creative eye for capturing shots, your comments much appreciated. This is really a great forum filled with lots of talented and good people. Very happy to have found it.
    Thanks again

gary

Quote Originally Posted by LLMc
    Very cool image! I like your creativity. I wish I could be this creative. Excellent exposure and lighting! I also use PSP 8.1. It doesn't seem like there are many of us.

Thanks Lou,
    I did not know how the lighting would come out with me moving a candle light around the subjects during a 30 sec exposure, but was happy to see the glowing masks as i had hoped when the neg scanned to my screen. Yeah, I think you and i might be the few using PSP8. I have not really tried Elements for any length of time that I could comment on it , but I think for under a $100.00, PSP8 might be the best value around. The only thing I am missing from it is it will only work with 24 bit color depth(which is great) but my scanner can scan at 48 bit depth creating 59mb tif files from the negatives. Once I edit in PSP8 the files get reduced to 24 bit.
    Glad to know there is another one of us out there, Lou.

gary

Thread Information