Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: macro star

macro star,jelly and ray

went to the aquarium and these were my favorite shots...sharpened a bit...don't know what the colors look like because my monitor is on the fritz...I was having a hard time being focused...

likey or no likey...thanks

is the out of "focusedness" (yes that's a word in my world) of the jellies to distracting?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by natatbeach; 02-14-2004 at 09:54 PM.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I "likey". Very nice shots. Good macro work on the starfish and the jellyfish
    look fine to me.

jeff
    Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way.

All very nice shots. I like them together, the colors really complement each other. The last one seems a little out of focus, but it's not too distracting. Lou

I like the jellies. I think the slight out of focusedness( did I just say that . . .hmmm)works well with them. I also dig the close up crop of the starfish. I am not crazy about the third one, Manta Ray? It has a strong green overcast to it. Good shots. You have a nice touch
    ___Gary___

good

glad you enjoyed them
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

the last one of the ray

yea I had a hard time keepinganything in focus---can you imagine if actually drank? ;)

thnaks for looking
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

new words

are wonderful aren't they? hehe

I wasn't too hot on the green cast either and I posted one onViewfinder to the color I feel it should have been---but in all honesty the ENTIRE tank was green the fish the algae the ray the water the lights above were all green...it was st patty's day look I guess.

..thanks for the nice comments too
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar
    I like the unsharpishnesh of the jelly fish in yellow.Now thats a mouthfull !
    Bobby

I likey them all

Very nice series, nat. I don't think the ray is too green at all. In fact, it blends in very well with the rest of the photos. Good work!

Ray
    Reseda, CA

like them all

nat, i like them too! the richness and diversity of colors of the "series" work well together, i think (including the green one). the idea of the out-of-focus jelly fish is a good one, but something about that particular photo doesn't quite work for me. i am not sure why though... sorry i'm unable to be more specific at this time. if i find the words as to why, i'll definitely post. maybe, as you suggested, it is a little too distracting. but why i like the idea is that jellyfish are such slow creatures to me, that capturing them in motion is a unique idea that I think could work. good job!

Thread Information