macro star

Printable View

• 02-14-2004, 09:46 PM
    natatbeach
    3 Attachment(s)
    macro star,jelly and ray
    went to the aquarium and these were my favorite shots...sharpened a bit...don't know what the colors look like because my monitor is on the fritz...I was having a hard time being focused...

likey or no likey...thanks

is the out of "focusedness" (yes that's a word in my world) of the jellies to distracting?
  • 02-14-2004, 09:57 PM
    jeff_in_ak
    I "likey". Very nice shots. Good macro work on the starfish and the jellyfish
    look fine to me.

jeff
  • 02-14-2004, 10:46 PM
    LLMc
    All very nice shots. I like them together, the colors really complement each other. The last one seems a little out of focus, but it's not too distracting. Lou
  • 02-15-2004, 03:13 AM
    gahspidy
    I like the jellies. I think the slight out of focusedness( did I just say that . . .hmmm)works well with them. I also dig the close up crop of the starfish. I am not crazy about the third one, Manta Ray? It has a strong green overcast to it. Good shots. You have a nice touch
    ___Gary___
  • 02-15-2004, 01:09 PM
    natatbeach
    good
    glad you enjoyed them:)
  • 02-15-2004, 01:11 PM
    natatbeach
    the last one of the ray
    yea I had a hard time keepinganything in focus---can you imagine if actually drank? ;)

thnaks for looking
  • 02-15-2004, 01:13 PM
    natatbeach
    new words
    are wonderful aren't they? hehe

I wasn't too hot on the green cast either and I posted one onViewfinder to the color I feel it should have been---but in all honesty the ENTIRE tank was green the fish the algae the ray the water the lights above were all green...it was st patty's day look I guess.

..thanks for the nice comments too :D
  • 02-15-2004, 02:01 PM
    bobbythebandit
    I like the unsharpishnesh of the jelly fish in yellow.Now thats a mouthfull !
    Bobby
  • 02-15-2004, 02:09 PM
    schrackman
    I likey them all
    Very nice series, nat. I don't think the ray is too green at all. In fact, it blends in very well with the rest of the photos. Good work!

Ray
    Reseda, CA
  • 02-16-2004, 10:23 AM
    stew
    like them all
    nat, i like them too! the richness and diversity of colors of the "series" work well together, i think (including the green one). the idea of the out-of-focus jelly fish is a good one, but something about that particular photo doesn't quite work for me. i am not sure why though... sorry i'm unable to be more specific at this time. if i find the words as to why, i'll definitely post. maybe, as you suggested, it is a little too distracting. but why i like the idea is that jellyfish are such slow creatures to me, that capturing them in motion is a unique idea that I think could work. good job! :)