Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: lynyrd skynyrd

lynyrd skynyrd

I didn't know where to post these. we dont' have a "people" section or anything like that. if someone knows where these should be, please point me in the right direction.
    These are from a lynyrd skynyrd (what's left of them) concert that was in copper last year. i got a back stage pass and a free chairlift ride through the summit dialy. I had to get these off of the summit daily website, that explains the water makrs C+C always welcom. this was one of the first concerts i shot. I also shot Wyclef Jean and Yander Mountain String Band.

#4 (on this one and the next one, the color is a little off because i had to format it for the news paper.)

#5 (front page)

There you go, it was a great concert!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: lynyrd skynyrd

I think they belong in the viewfinder forum unless you want critiques and then they would go in the critique forum.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

i thought we could only put one photo in a critique thread.
    i would like some comments

heres a comment
    these pics make me feel old
    i listened to these guys when i was in high school(good pics by the way)
    i see they have fared about the same as me. dont have long hair anymore but physically,
    i resemble the vintage.

Considering the harsh lighting and busy background and short of getting on stage I think you did well. Did they allow cameras?
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Nice shots. Thanks for sharing. I saw the original band in Santa Barbara in 1976. They were headlining a show with opened by Heart and Jefferson Starship. Their live album had just been released, Live At the Fox, I think that was the title.... great show.

CF
    Coastal Flyer

:yikes:

Thanks for the comments.
    I got 4 and 5 from behind the fence that keeps the fans off the stage. they allowed cameras there for just one song, so there was about 5 photographers all trying to get the best shots. It was kinda funny, one of the security guys there thought we weren't allowed to be there at all, so her ran by and literally threw people out of the way. it got sorted out and we were allowed back in for the rest of the song, it was kinda scary though. after that i got my 70-300 lens and shot from the crowd.
    The lighting is the way it is just because it was a late Colorado afternoon, the sun gets very intense.

Thread Information