Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Love forever - shot 2

Thanks for all the comments on the original. (click here for the original) I went and did it again and this time used a white background, and added one more word since I had more room. I dont want to make the letters more bold since how they are right now is regular hand writing, and I want to leave it like that. I also dont want to add a lot to the background since I dont want to clutter it too much, plus I just like the simple table background as if someone tore up the paper in frustration, and then rearranged it.
    I'll include the fading in the corner shot again since that is part of the essay. I know that it's not the best or most liked shot, but unless I can get better ideas I think it works how it is. It is sad, lonely, defeated, hiding and disappering into a dark, dirty corner... In the story, it contrasts with another photo of a silhouette of the person on the edge of a cliff, overlooking a view of wilderness, arms raised in joy, feeling as if he could take on the world on his own (hope that wasnt too confusing, but you should get the contrast idea).

I also made one more shot for the end of the essay that I think should work, but I wouldnt mind a bit of input. It was just an idea I had when I was shooting the other one.

My Facebook Photography Page (Web-substitute) ~ Nikon D7000 | Sigma 10-20mm | Vivitar 28-85mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro ~

Re: Love forever - shot 2

Dave, I'm still not in love with the blue. Maybe it's the shade, maybe it's the saturation...I don't know. I'm finding it hard to pick out the person in each shot. I can't think of any color I'd use though. Blue certainly sets the mood of the piece, but like I said, it's 'too blue' for my tastes.
    John

I didnt change the second one yet, I only re-posted it here. I'll play with it and see if I can come up with something I like more. Maybe black and white would work... I'm still trying to figure these shots out, they are giving me a bit of a hard time.
    My Facebook Photography Page (Web-substitute) ~ Nikon D7000 | Sigma 10-20mm | Vivitar 28-85mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro ~

GB1

The peices of paper shot is a bit better, but the background is too generic and unexciting. I also don't care for the angle that the light is striking the objects - the shadow casting up like that is confusing to my Tuesday after a holiday head I think I'd like it better aimed down that is.

The Why text would like good in blood red or something, but simply doesn't do anything for me as is.

I have to agree with John on the blue. It really doesn't add too much, except maybe to convey a cold environment..

Sorry to be so negative, but I think the shots have potential and are only missing in the finer pts. You should be able to correct them w/o too much hassle.
    GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I have visions of what I would like to see these shots looking like, but they look nothing like I wanted them to. I just don't have the resources or time right now to make it work right, so I deicded to drop this idea for the photo essay and do something completely different as an essay. Thanks for all the help, and maybe someday when I can get everything I would like to have, I will make these shots again and make them good.

Thread Information