Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: The Lord's Acre

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

The Lord's Acre

I made this photo at an organic community garden, The Lord's Acre in Western North Carolina, that gives away all of it's produce to families in need. I couldn't resist using the lacy holes of these bean leaves in the foreground to catch the sunshine. What do you think?

Name:  Lord_s-Acre.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  268.3 KB
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Re: The Lord's Acre

I think the light through the pest-eaten leafs is interesting. The image seems to be missing something for me, though. I would perhaps be more interested to look closer at the leafs or get a wider view with more context - so we can begin to guess (by looking at the photograph only) that the garden provides sustenance for people....

I think it could use a spot of color somewhere. The leaf gets lost in all of the other ones. But I see where you were going.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Like the light falling throught the leaves

The translucent effect on the leaf seems is what grabbed your attention for this shot. I would like to see it more prominent in the image, yet you need to keep the garden as it is part of the narrative. Either a crop or do you have a shot where you are closer to the leaf?
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

GB1

Cindy, it's nice to see green again (hardly any out here). I do like it, but also wish you have zoomed in to the leaf so that we can see that more exclusively. The pic is also awfully small in the frame - can you post a bigger version? Nice composition btw.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

nice composition , nice dof
    I'd cut out the bottom third of the image as it takes from the leaf

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Thanks for responding everyone! I realize it's been a while since I posted anything but am trying to get back in the habit. It's good for me.

The right corner was left open on purpose as I had planned to make this shot into the album cover for the dinner.

The Lord's Acre-1-root-down-cover.jpg

I liked the shot on it's own and wondered if it worked for anyone else. I went back through my edits and didn't see anything specifically shot for the leaf alone since my intent was ultimately to use it as a design element.

Here's a slightly different angle which shows more of the garden in background for reference and better color/textures. I liked it just as much but the leaf was too close to center and I needed the space for the logos.

The Lord's Acre-2-root-down.jpg
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

love the green

Thread Information