Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Lonley Bride

Lonley Bride

Another from the last wedding. I'm mainly interested in thoughts about the bride in the clouds. Any thoughts are always welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lonley Bride-dsc_0100d.jpg  

Re: Lonley Bride

Hi

It looks fantastic!!! Is the tilt of the chapel on purpose because it adds a great effect. Also is that the actual bride in the sky? It is IMO a fantastic photo can't wait to see what you do to mine. By the way, I gave you permission in a private message!!!

Gomm

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Hi Jonas...I'm not a big fan of these types of images but great attempt anyhow..One thing,,,,the chapel is leaning to the left which IMHO ruins the pic..

Jurgen
    Australia
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Yes, the lean on the chapel is a problem, but why is only the bride's image up in the clouds? Why not the groom on the other side? and...Why the somewhat strange expression on the face of the bride?

Ronnoco

Pentax Forum Moderator

I'm going to guess that the sad look on the face of the bride is that she has been left waiting at the church, hence the title "The Lonely Bride". That would then negate the need for a groom on the other side looking down.
    I think this is a nice shot and something you could do a lot with. My personal opinion would be to crop most of the grass in front of the church and also, as mentioned, to straighten the tilt of the church.
    I think you did a great job feathering the bride into the clouds. Very nice effect. I would love to see more!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    I'm going to guess that the sad look on the face of the bride is that she has been left waiting at the church, hence the title "The Lonely Bride". That would then negate the need for a groom on the other side looking down.
    I think this is a nice shot and something you could do a lot with. My personal opinion would be to crop most of the grass in front of the church and also, as mentioned, to straighten the tilt of the church.
    I think you did a great job feathering the bride into the clouds. Very nice effect. I would love to see more!!
    Ken
    You are probably correct, Ken, but in that case the viewer needs a clearer idea of who is on the steps of the church beside the bride. (I thought it was the groom!)

Ronnoco

Yes the tilt is intentional to give the subliminal message that her relationship is now lopsided. Also a perspective that is fairly common. The great expanse infront of her gives the impression that she is very small in a large circumstance and large world. I'm not sure what expression you might be refering to, she is simply looking down on herself as if to let herself know that she will be OK

Thanks folks!

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoco
    You are probably correct, Ken, but in that case the viewer needs a clearer idea of who is on the steps of the church beside the bride. (I thought it was the groom!)

Ronnoco
    It is definitely the bride unless the groom is a crossdresser!!

Jurgen
    Australia
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Mancuso
    Another from the last wedding. I'm mainly interested in thoughts about the bride in the clouds. Any thoughts are always welcome!
    Oh boy. I think people will either love the double-exposure type photoshopping or hate it. Assuming for a moment that we are dealing with people who like it (and I don't think most photographers will), the lack of harmony between the portrait up in the corner and the rest of the photo is a bit jarring. The off-kilter church and the hard-to-see bride would seem to conflict with the glamour shot style of the portrait. It looks a bit like two different photographs from two different photographers coming from a different place blended and doesn't really work IMHO.

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of wedding pictures and realize that this may be very pleasing to those involved in the wedding. It's simply when we get involved in critiques from people like me who think about this stuff a lot and do it ourselves, we tend to chop it up a bit.

Hope to see more of your work around here.

Quote Originally Posted by yogestee
    It is definitely the bride unless the groom is a crossdresser!!

Jurgen
    Australia
    Let me re-phrase that! I thought the groom was sitting beside the bride on the steps!

Ronnoco

Jonas, thanks for the lowdown on your intentions.
    John

Thread Information