Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: London Lovers

London Lovers

A night shot I took in London a few days back. Playing around with multiple exposures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails London Lovers-london-love.jpg  

Re: London Lovers

Nice, even with the ghost bus. I not sure about the strange flare from the street lamp though.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

GB1

I like the direction this shot's heading it: the human element of them holding onto each other, the action, colors, ... all neat stuff. Is it a perfect shot? No - there's a bit too many ghosts and clutter, I think, and the subjects are a tad too blurry also (not leaving me anything to latch onto). You may need to take a lot of these type shots before you get a great one, and/or ask a couple to essentially pose for you and then post process unwanted stuff out. Also, I'd consider darkening selective areas in post to draw attention to where you want the viewer to go.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Damn, this is really, really nice. I'd consider it for a Featured Photo if you hadn't had the last one

I love the whole thing. Your exposure is spot on and you've got great dynamic range in this, which really makes it come alive. The one thing that I can see that might have made it stronger is to shoot it tighter. It feels to me like there's just a bit too much going on. I think a tighter composition around the couple would be better. Maybe a bit shallower depth-of-field too, to make them separate more from the background.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

It's a good shot - living in London I have seen most of the shots that people take (and have taken myself) but this is a little bit different. The couple does elevate it above a standard night shot. Yes it is a little 'messy' but London is that kind of city, especially (I think) the view from Trafalgar Square looking down Whitehall. Nice stuff.
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Thanks for the comment ...I think i was actually trying to depict the "messy" London - because it is a little that way. I know when I talk to people that have never been, they have a different view of what they will actually experience ...but, still - it is a great city. :-)

Thread Information