Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Live B&W

Live B&W

This is the first time I have shot in black and white live (not converted later) since I shot b&w film years ago.

Live B&W-spenser-2014-internet-startup.jpg

Re: Live B&W

Posed or a grab shot LL ?
    With the option of converting to B & W later why would you delete a lot of the image data with a in camera B & W conversion.
    What I like about this image is the narrative, it makes me wonder what is on his mind that should divert him from the task on his computer.
    Also possibly a tad more mid range contrast
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Re: Live B&W

Quote Originally Posted by hminx View Post
    Posed or a grab shot LL ?
    Grab/candid.

With the option of converting to B & W later why would you delete a lot of the image data with a in camera B & W conversion.
    Good question. That occurred to me, too. The only real advantage I see to in-camera monochrome is that with a mirrorless camera, you see b&w in the viewfinder. It helps me visualize the photo in b&w better than I could seeing it in color. (I did shoot a few that I wished later that I could convert to color.)

What I like about this image is the narrative, it makes me wonder what is on his mind that should divert him from the task on his computer.
    Also possibly a tad more mid range contrast
    Thank you.

Thread Information