Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Lightning Strat

Pentax Forum Moderator

Lightning Strat

One of my NYIP projects is to shoot something from an "Unusual Perspective". I have been stuck trying to find something, so I decided to shoot my Fender Strat. I liked the aspect of the shot but my b/g sucked, so, I removed the background, rotated the strat slightly and put it onto a background of lightning. BTW...I've posted the b/g before. It was a Photo of the Day back in April.

What do you think? Do you think I met the criteria of "Unusual Perspective"?
    Thanx,
    Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lightning Strat-lightning-strat.jpg  
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Re: Lightning Strat

Brilliant Ken....The lightning suits the Strat to a tee...I would have blurred the trees a but more though...
    Sell it to Fender!!!

Jurgen
    Australia
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanx Yogestee, I'll definitely have to consider selling it to Fender!! I didn't even think about that as this is something I am doing for my first assignment. I'll try blurring the trees, but I've not used the blur tool yet so I'll have to practice with it. The blur in them now is caused by the wind and a 4 sec exposure.
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    One of my NYIP projects is to shoot something from an "Unusual Perspective". I have been stuck trying to find something, so I decided to shoot my Fender Strat. I liked the aspect of the shot but my b/g sucked, so, I removed the background, rotated the strat slightly and put it onto a background of lightning. BTW...I've posted the b/g before. It was a Photo of the Day back in April.

What do you think? Do you think I met the criteria of "Unusual Perspective"?
    Thanx,
    Ken
    Ken,

I can't say that I like this kind of work but this have nothing to do with your execution here. I am simply not into that kind of manipulation.
    The perspective on you Fender is good but I think that the edges of the guitar could be blurred/softened a little in order to make it blend more seamlessly with your background.

On a side note, this is a really nice guitar. I like them even if I am plain unable to play! A friend of mine own a vintage Fender (circa 1968). Beautiful stuff.

Seb

I'm going to have to agree with Seb here. You could have done a better job with the actual cropping of the image. Thse little brown and yellow tough edges get very annoying very fast. I'd also suggest saving the photo under a PNG file format. It helps to keep the image clear without the typical JPG and GIF noise you tend to get in photos.

The actual background of the picture is nice as well. Oh, and nice guitar, lol.
    <BR> <BR>iePhotography

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanx Seb and Iva. Seb, I have worked with the blur tool and softened all of the edges. I still want to try a few more things as well.
    Iva, I know what you mean about those edges. I was using little desk lamps for lighting ( one hand held) and haven't quite figured out what to do about those spots.
    Again, thanx and I appreciate both of your suggestions.
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information