Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Light Rails: Take 2

Thoughts/comments?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light Rails:  Take 2-crw_7450.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Light Rails: Take 2

Hi Michael...I've been comparing the 2 versions and I personally like the first one better...my thought is to keep the sun, but tone it down just a little so it doesn't seem so washed out...this one...at least on this monitor (my son in laws) is too dark for my liking. The stark contrast between the rails and the silouhetted trees is IMHO what set off the first pic...it's not so prevalent in this shot...still...I like both...very nice capture...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Thoughts/comments?
    There is an interesting "graphic" quality to your picture but I would like to see more of the rails. Actually, I'd like to see something betwen your first version and the second one...
    The fact that there is no sun in this one is a plus in my view.

regards

Seb

Hey Michael,

I much, much prefer the first one you posted to this one. I agree with others about toning the sun down in the other picture, but I wouldn't get rid of it entirely.
    This one here, it doesn't really work for me at all. I think the only thing that I like better about this one is that it's less centered (the rails), and that makes a big difference to me.

Emily

Thread Information