Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Let the music play

All feedback appreciated
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: Let the music play

Very nice photo! I love the glow to it. I'll bet that music sounded awesome. It probably would have been helpful if that light were a little more hidden into the tent, but otherwise very nicely captured!

That poor accordion player, he'll never get a gig looking like that. Brandy summed up the image very well.
    Ed

Nice work on what had to be a tough exposure.
    Look through a glass eye.
    Give it a few tries.
    Nothing goes right in its time.
    --Tally Hall--

Lookin good, but damn that flag over the accord players head sux....Fortunately he is not so prominent in the setup and so little attention goes that way....wonderin if getting rid of him entirely would be so bad....
    nice work of course.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Leels maybe clone the one guy with the flag over his face, but other than that it is very good and a very good choice for a B&W. Also your inbox is full. I need to pick your head on the time lapse thing.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I think the real challenge might be to clone the flag thing out and give him a face , do you have other angles of this, I think it may be worth the effort , as the shot warrants it.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Brandy, I'm glad you like the glow, because that's one part of the photo i wasn't really sure of. I was surprised actually when I opened the photo on how it turned out. I didn't do any sort of softening or glow treatment. it's pretty much straight out of the cam, converted to b&w and cropped slightly. I think that's due to all the back lighting kind of seeping through some of the people, or around them rather. thanks!

lol Ed, yeah noticed him late too. hehe. looks like he's got a bag on his head cause he's ashamed to be there. haha

Thanks Snoid.

Gary, haha, yeah man. that stinking flag ruined it. maybe cloning him out might work. but it's lots of work in what otherwise is an ok shot. not sure if it's worth the trouble :-) thanks!

Greg, yeah i might try that in the small version just to see if it's worth it. I DID clear up space in my inbox, but i just realized, i only cleaned up on the sent section. ok, I'll definitely clear it up now. thank u

Pete, that's anther good idea, i think i might have other versions of this. i gotta get back to that and see. thanks!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Thread Information