Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Late Season Berries

Panny FZ8. A bit modified...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Late Season Berries-berries.jpg  
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Re: Late Season Berries

The colors work fine (although maybe a little less saturated would do...just a sprinkle less)

And i like how everything points towards the center....

but all in all for me it doesn't do much... i mean it doesn't keep me watching....

Good effort...I'm sure there will be those who can be more accurate in their critique!

Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusK
    The colors work fine (although maybe a little less saturated would do...just a sprinkle less)

And i like how everything points towards the center....

but all in all for me it doesn't do much... i mean it doesn't keep me watching....

Good effort...I'm sure there will be those who can be more accurate in their critique!

Marc
    I'm a sucker for this sort of modification. I juiced up the color to give it sort of an unreal look and to pop in a big way. This is the exact opposite of the sillohette in the last shot I posted today. The sharpness was kept low because, well, I don't know why! It just looked better to me with that sort of fuzzy look. Not too bad for what is essentially weeds on the side of the road!
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

MB1

Well if the intent of this images is to be "Berries" they sure are hard to see.

As for the color enhancements and effects used here they don't really work for me but don't offend me either.
    No, I DON'T need that.

GB1

Mwfanelli2 - Well, the photo collage effect is interesting, at least from an experimental standpoint. But overall, I think the photo / effect is a little too distracted, and as Marc said probably oversaturated also. I think it could work if everything had been sharp, but it just seems like so much of it is blurry/soft... Gotta get and use that tripod even if it's a pain in the neck -- you'll be happy later if you do.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information