Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Landscape at cemetery.

This is a modern Chinese cemetery in Malaysia or it is known as a memorial park with beautiful landscaping for the departed.

1. The tombs.
    Landscape at cemetery.-dsc_2214.jpg

2. The wall.
    Landscape at cemetery.-dsc_2268.jpg

I will upload 2 more photos later.

Re: Landscape at cemetery.

3. A man at work.
    Landscape at cemetery.-dsc_2274.jpg

4. A man burning paper gifts to departed.

Landscape at cemetery.-dsc_2276-2.jpg

CC will be very much appreciated.

Really like the first 2! With the 3rd one, could you perhaps use cropping to draw more attention to the man? With the 4th one I'm not quite sure where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsydan View Post
    Really like the first 2! With the 3rd one, could you perhaps use cropping to draw more attention to the man? With the 4th one I'm not quite sure where to look.
    The subject in the 4th photo is the man burning paper gifts. Probably it's too small.

I like the wall although I think a bit more contrast in the sky could improve it as the sky looks a little washed out.
    In the tombs you'vre got the uniformity of the grave stones spot on, if a little dark for me. Perhaps layering the bottom half and lightening it may help while still keeping the sky as is.
    The man burning paper is well positioned leading the eye up the photo with the tree then leading you to the right, although I do agree he could do with being a little closer.
    As for A man at work I think you needed to focus more on the man doing the work and have less sky to give a bit more detail of what he's doing.

I wonder what they would look like in colour? Over all though I do like and have good composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian64 View Post
    I like the wall although I think a bit more contrast in the sky could improve it as the sky looks a little washed out.
    In the tombs you'vre got the uniformity of the grave stones spot on, if a little dark for me. Perhaps layering the bottom half and lightening it may help while still keeping the sky as is.
    The man burning paper is well positioned leading the eye up the photo with the tree then leading you to the right, although I do agree he could do with being a little closer.
    As for A man at work I think you needed to focus more on the man doing the work and have less sky to give a bit more detail of what he's doing.

I wonder what they would look like in colour? Over all though I do like and have good composition.
    Thanks for the feedback. I converted them to B&W because they don't look good in color because that morning was very hazy due to air pollution.

Thread Information