Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Kids with simple smiles

Hello I was testing my 50mm f/1.8 outside with the kids and hoping that this time its better than my previous photos hmm. I took them in RAW file and just a bit of processing still kinda struggle with processing because I don't know whether the image is ok or not because of my monitor setting is at 50% brightness and contrast (not sure how to calibrate it)

anyway heres are the photos taken the other day.

Re: Kids with simple smiles

I'm not a portrait person, but I comment anyway.

I think you have done a nice job. I like how you are down at their level rather than looking down at them.

Watch your backgrounds. All three have lines going through their heads. Also, I think that just a touch of fill flash would really brighten up the eyes.

Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

thank you for pointing out those things i'll try to retouch the lines.
    EOS Photography

--------------------------------------------------------
    I like simple, I like RAW, I like to learn more

Kids with simple smiles are so cute. They are like the innocence of children. Their smiles give me a joy that I never felt before. They make me remember what it is to be happy and carefree. The simplicity of their smiles is refreshing and makes me feel like I am young again. Visit https://masterbundles.com/best-kids-clipart/ source to get amazing templates for free. When I see a kid with an innocent smile, I immediately think of my own childhood days and how much fun it was being a kid.

Thread Information