Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

KCS Southern Belle

I took these a few years ago (film, 35 mm most likely K 800) of the Kansas City Southern Belle, in Blue Springs, MO. It was snowing (and cold) but of the group these are the best two. Both where taken at the same spot, but which is better landscape or profile? Any other comments, on perhaps shooting with snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KCS Southern Belle-kcs-southern-bell-blue-springs-mo-12-22-2007-14.jpg   KCS Southern Belle-kcs-southern-bell-blue-springs-mo-12-22-2007-17.jpg  

Re: KCS Southern Belle

The landscape is much better. I really like the colors and how the branches frame the subject. It looks like it is snowing, but a little hard to see. Too bad the snow fall wasn't heavier. (? or the window wipers were blurred?) Some guys here will have good advice on snow shots.

Yes, it was snowing -- it took want was a normally 20-30 minute drive to get there took closer to an hour (and the drive home was not much better). I agree, I wish it was snowing a little bit heavier, but if I recall, it was very cold and windy. Also, I was shooting into the light, so the snow is less obvious, I have included a third which with the light behind me, and the snow a little heavier and easier to see.

I went out to get these because these locomotives had just received this new paint "Heritage" paint job. They used to be a very dark (almost black, and to me it was since I am color-blind) green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KCS Southern Belle-kcs-southern-bell-blue-springs-mo-12-22-2007-18.jpg  

Great shots. The snow environment make them special. I just thought they needed to be enhanced to give them a kick and make the train stands out. If you don't like your photos to be edited by others, let me know and I'll remove it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KCS Southern Belle-train_kal3.jpg  
    Last edited by Asmarlak; 06-11-2011 at 03:47 PM.

To tell the truth, I cannot tell what was done. I do not mind them being edited, as long I as I get the credit for the photo.

Thread Information