Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Just when you thought it was over!

More Fisheye Fun!!! HA! I did do a touch of the Velvia Vision on the beach for color, but nothing else was manipulated (meaning the sky is as shot). I also used it to up the creepiness factor on the Elizabethan Gardens shots (remainder of pics). I purposefully kept the fringe to keep the outlandish feel of the entire set.

Hey, I spent an entire weekend with the thing. If you thought you were going to get away with just four or so shots, you weren't thinking properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just when you thought it was over!-freakyfisheyefuni.jpg   Just when you thought it was over!-beachi.jpg   Just when you thought it was over!-freakyfisheyefunv.jpg   Just when you thought it was over!-freakyfisheyefunvi.jpg  
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Re: Just when you thought it was over!

Your FishEye lens is producing realy cool effects Glad to C that your enjoying it so much. 2 and 3 are my fav`s in this series of photos . The sky is impresive.

That beach picture is great, and I like the path framed with the two trees. Sorry, but I have no critique to offer, just a pat on the back.

Like the shot of the beach very much. The one of the two trees framing the path seems dark though....taken in the evening?

John

As someone who has been thinking about buying a fisheye lens for a long time but never quite made the jump....Number three gets my vote as a 'fisheye shot', I think it works because the subject in the foreground leads the viewer's eye to the background of the image and the desired distortion to the sides is really clear and balanced.

Keep them coming!
    Herriot

Thank you. Herriot, careful what you ask for!

John, the dark is an intended thing. I shot my flash to lighten the foreground a tad, then there was the very end lit. But in the middle...Boo! I wanted it to be scary and creepy. I also left the sides open because I wanted to show that as creepy as that path is, what may lie to either side as a possible escape may not be any better. Ya scared yet?
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Wee-Haw D!! Number 2 is the number one winner in my book! Beautiful form going on here! It's like GIANT bonsai or something. You are definitely getting the hang of this. Keep 'em coming!

P.S. Oh Holy Moly! I didn't even see the beach scene the first time. I like it very much as well the brooding darkness of the sky gives it character. It is very geometric. I like that one too!
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Girlfriend, you are having way too much fun. Love all of these, D. The beach shot is just amazing. Love the one of the tree; makes me wonder how much of the tree is really twisted. You got the spooky factor spot on with the path shot.

PF & H the beach print!
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

Wow. I didn't expect everyone to get so excited over these. Maybe that's going to be my niche: I'll be the Fish Eye Girl. Have my own "Snow & Ash" type deal. A mobile gallery.

OK, well maybe not. But it really is fun. I do have more so don't worry. ::

I hadn't been sure how it would fit into my vision, but so far, while not perfect, I feel like it's suiting my funky side quite well. Obviously doesn't work just anywhere out on the street, but I will keep trying to see if I can't get it "focused" HA!
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

2 and 3 are terrific, 4 not spooky to bright on my monitor and 1 who's leg is it?

Is the tree effect how they got some of the photographs of the woods in Lord of the Rings?

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

I don't know if that's how they did it in LOTR. Probably don't you think?

as for "whose leg" that would be my hubby. I didn't even see that. He was blending right in.

The path is coming in too bright? Something's weird because it's definitely dark on mine here and at home. Hmmmm...maybe it's really haunted.
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

Thread Information