Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Arrow Just have to do 3 more for critique request

Just curious about these....

The first is different from any others I have done, it is more on perspective.

The second was taken late in the evening when the sun was going down.

The third is a view thru the trees to a farmhouse.

I used Paint Shop Pro to sharpen them up a bit. (Does everyone have to sharpen after scanning? Mine never seem as clear or sharp as the photo). Please tell me if I sharpened too much.

Thanks,

Betty
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "When you aim for perfection you discover it is a moving target".

- George Fisher -

I like the first shot the best, not sure why, it just appeals to me. The second shot really doesn't do much for me. Usually with a sunset image you would expect to see some striking colors or contrast in light, it seem kind of flat to me.

The third is nicely framed, but I think the house is too small in the image to be a strong subject.

PG

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeG
    I like the first shot the best, not sure why, it just appeals to me. The second shot really doesn't do much for me. Usually with a sunset image you would expect to see some striking colors or contrast in light, it seem kind of flat to me.

The third is nicely framed, but I think the house is too small in the image to be a strong subject.

PG
    Thank you very much! It tickles me when I am read these to find I am beginning, only beginning mind you, to think some of the same things when I look at the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Betty

- George Fisher -

hi betty,
    the first i like because you have placed the focus of attention of centre, i think that says to me that it isnt a holliday snap and you actually thought about it, as it is i really like it. the view through the trees needs that house to be a bit bigger i think just to give the eye more to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by kitst3r
    hi betty,
    the first i like because you have placed the focus of attention of centre, i think that says to me that it isnt a holliday snap and you actually thought about it, as it is i really like it. the view through the trees needs that house to be a bit bigger i think just to give the eye more to look at.

I agree myself! I need a bigger zoom lens!!! That house was surrounded by fence. I wanted to try tho. I am glad you like the first too, and I did think about it actually, starting to do that a little more when I take pictures. Thanks for your comments!!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Thread Information