Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Jonathan

racing > all

Jonathan

It's incredibly difficult for my parents to get good shots of one of my little brothers (ADHD, behavioral issues...never sits still, you have no idea how much energy a human can possibly have...trying to catch him off guard not moving for even 1/20 second was difficult).

I did manage to get this shot off.
    Any other ways I can improve it? I was lucky, the shot was very, very bright but I was shooting RAW. I did my best to take away as much attention from his acne as possible, it was very bad today, a side effect from all the meds he takes.

98 Cobra - AI racecar - 300HP, lots of suspension

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi (450D)
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

So long as you credit me as the original photographer, go to town with my work. You can't make it any worse.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Jonathan

Its a bit over exoposed imo but you should be able to correct that with your raw file.
    You can try sharpening but at 1/20th I don't know how much is possible.
    After you mess about editing the raw, you can open it and use the spot healing brush to help with that acne. I've begun using it with some success...just experiment with it as you'll always have the raw file.
    You could also crop to profile but the woman behind his right ear may cause some issues but maybe could be cloned.
    I'm aware of the difficulties with your subject. Keep trying and maybe you'll get an opportunity for a faster shutter. If you can get him outside where he can be more separated from background with some decent light that might be good.
    Don't stop trying....you're parents will treasure it.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I played around with this in Paint Shop Pro (which doesn't have all the features of Photoshop CS2 or 3) and came up with the attached edit in about 10 minutes. It's not perfect, but illustrates what's possible without too much effort
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jonathan-img_0693_edit.jpg  

racing > all

holy cow! wow, thanks!
    looks like I need to do some reading online on this stuff.
    98 Cobra - AI racecar - 300HP, lots of suspension

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi (450D)
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

So long as you credit me as the original photographer, go to town with my work. You can't make it any worse.

Thread Information