Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Italian Festival

These two are from an Italian festival here in town yesterday. Their costumes were very bright and colorful and were interesting subjects to photograph. A little different than most concerts I've been photographing! Both on Fuji S2, 80-200 f2.8 and right out of the camera other than re-sizing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Italian Festival-romanholiday1.jpg   Italian Festival-romanholiday2.jpg  

Is that the Nikkor....

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    These two are from an Italian festival here in town yesterday. Their costumes were very bright and colorful and were interesting subjects to photograph. A little different than most concerts I've been photographing! Both on Fuji S2, 80-200 f2.8 and right out of the camera other than re-sizing.

Is that the Nikkor 80-200? These are beautifully exposed, great color and clarity. Love the expression and pose you caught in the second photo. Fuji S2 has proven it's self, coupled with quality lense and good photographer, it produces excellent images. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks - yes it's a Nikkor lens. It's the non-AFS version that's still available, two ring with tripod mount.

I bought it used a few years ago, and the Auto-Manual focus switch on the lens doesn't lock into "A" now for some reason. Nikon said $179 for a minor repair which includes basic cleaning and check-over but I'm concerned about how long I'll be without it. Piece of g-tape holds it into autofocus, so I'll keep my "fix" until I can be without it for a month or so...

Thread Information