Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Indigo

Indigo

I was out in my yard this morning before work and noticed this little guy on the ground eating some birdseed that I had spread out for the local doves and ducks. I have never seen one in my area so I was very excited and grabbed a quick shot with my Digital Rebel XT and 100-400 IS. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indigo-indigobunting.jpg  

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar

Re: Indigo

Yes, frame it and hang it on your wall. This is georgeous !! What a capture. Thanks for being so quick and for sharing it .
    Bobby

I would have to agree this shot is right on.

Another agreeing statement. Just perfect, I love the tilt of the twig, the colors of the background, very well done!

Nice shot!

Jared

Liz

Cool Great capture!

Hey there fellow owner of the XT ;)

This is truly a great capture. The color is awesome. The bokeh is perfect, the composition is right on.

BTW, that lens has to be awesome. I love IS. I have one "L" lens which is my very favorite - the 17-40. It is so sharp with the most beautiful color. I'm going to take it out very soon on the XT.

Liz
    Quote Originally Posted by dadas115
    I was out in my yard this morning before work and noticed this little guy on the ground eating some birdseed that I had spread out for the local doves and ducks. I have never seen one in my area so I was very excited and grabbed a quick shot with my Digital Rebel XT and 100-400 IS. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

Lovely shot, the colour combination of blue on green leaps off the page, and the composition is great.

matt

Very nice shot of an Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea). But its a lil dark and a bit cyan, and kinda' flat looking. I gave it a levels adjusment and some slight sharpening.

Nice shot!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indigo-indigobunting.jpg  
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by dadas115

Thanks,

Greg
    Well, I am not into wildlife but I really like this. I love your clean composition and the colors are gorgeous. I have been looking at Almo's edit and I would personally try something betwen your original version and what he has done if you were to rework the picture.

That being said, I think that it can remain like it is. Did I said that the colors are nice??

Seb

That's amazing! Thanks for sharing, and I agree, print and frame is all that's missing.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Thread Information