Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Ihop

Ihop

Re: Ihop

Beautiful composition Tuna. The clouds over the mountains are awesome. Nice shot.....
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Personally, I would have titled this one "Commercial Blight". I guess IHOP is more succinct. This looks like Colorado Springs to me for some reason, could be a lot of places out west though I guess. As usual you've presented us with a well composed and exposed shot, I guess it's the subject that I don't care for. It took me several re-vists to this to decide on my opinion for a critique. Ultimately this image forces me to think about what I don't like about urban sprawl. It is effective, but in a gallery setting I'm not sure it would elicit the same reactions unless it was part of a larger theme of work.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

It looks as though the only cloud in the entire heavens on one particular day has decided to hover above the International House Of Pancakes. And what a beautiful cloud it is, with a shape that dovetails perfectly with the rest of the composition.
    The "outskirts of town" feel comes over very strongly with a nice degree of eerieness.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by CLKunst
    Personally, I would have titled this one "Commercial Blight". I guess IHOP is more succinct. This looks like Colorado Springs to me for some reason,Clip.......
    I was thinking of Nevada or the Columbia Basin, anyplace high or dry would give you that type of land scape. And I do agree about the "Commercial Blight".....

The composition is good as always, and doing in B&W just makes the statement stronger.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information