Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I got Draganized...

Quote Originally Posted by Shebang
    I can't really tell a lot of difference, but I think I prefer your latest.
    Unfortunately the shot is not crisp enough since the beginning and adding more sharpness starts to ruin the result, I went easy just trying to give it a bit more of "definition". I now that the difference is subtle but its there, its much more clearer when you see the pics side by side.:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by draymorton
    LOL I think you hit it perfectly.
    I want more crispiness but adding more sharpness just adds strange artifacts do to the lack of quality...check the right eye...now it has some sort of noise.
    Next time I´ll try to pump up the sharpness at the beginning of the process instead to see how that works.

:eek6: SWEET! now my portrait is a "Featured Photo" I´m over the moon

Thanks!

BTW Who is in charge of selecting and posting the featured photo?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRob
    I want more crispiness but adding more sharpness just adds strange artifacts do to the lack of quality...check the right eye...now it has some sort of noise.
    Next time I´ll try to pump up the sharpness at the beginning of the process instead to see how that works.
    I can't remember, does the Dragan process (as laid out by Marcus) recommend sharpening in the beginning? Because it is usually a much better idea to sharpen at the end. In my experience, even doing a little sharpening in ACR or LR can really cause problems later on...

Quote Originally Posted by draymorton
    I can't remember, does the Dragan process (as laid out by Marcus) recommend sharpening in the beginning? Because it is usually a much better idea to sharpen at the end. In my experience, even doing a little sharpening in ACR or LR can really cause problems later on...
    Yeap Marcus mentioned as first step to add sharpness at the begging as I recall. Tho all of my workflow that I have used for these images and this new one The Thinker
    I usually do it at the end.
    On the other hand I´m parting with a pic that is not well focused since the original shot which I guess it contributes to the lack of sharpness. "The Thinker" was better focused and the sharpness gave me less trouble.

That's some awesome work man... of the lot, the first is definitely my choice, it enhances the different features of the model's face (or you) and adds the dramatic effect... very well done...

As for the sharpness, in a typical workflow, it is definitely best to keep it until the end, however, when you do it in the beginning, with the latter post processing, the noise will be taken care of, as opposed to the result of the sharpness you added in the end...

Very very nice work....
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusK
    That's some awesome work man... of the lot, the first is definitely my choice, it enhances the different features of the model's face (or you) and adds the dramatic effect... very well done...

As for the sharpness, in a typical workflow, it is definitely best to keep it until the end, however, when you do it in the beginning, with the latter post processing, the noise will be taken care of, as opposed to the result of the sharpness you added in the end...

Very very nice work....
    Thanks a lot again MK! I guess that each image requires a different work flow depending on the starting point and the final result you want to achieve. But hey! that´s the beauty of digital process, you can try a million different things and start making your "own" recipe.
    It´s fun to try different approaches and thats the idea :thumbsup:

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Exactly... Who would have thought we would need to think about them so much.... anyway... the thinker is actually your best of the lot ... congratulations on the sticky!
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusK
    Exactly... Who would have thought we would need to think about them so much.... anyway... the thinker is actually your best of the lot ... congratulations on the sticky!
    Thanks MK appreciate your comments, tho The Thinker has not been so popular no body has posted anything yet LOL. But I was pretty happy with the result, actually I like it over the other attempts, well it has its pros and cons but overall I prefer it over the other ones

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information