Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Letting you see the world the way I do. @lex's Avatar

How Do You Like My Pics?

Well these are pics of an abondened mental hospital from the 1800s that me and my brother went exploring in we found autopsy tables,caskets,complete sets of medical utensals, the place is very creepy.I have a ton more pics if anyone wants to see them!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: How Do You Like My Pics?

First of all, you're nuts for going to that place

Out of the 3 you posted, 1 holds my interest the longest. I'd love to see more shots of this place. Do post please, specially the autopsy tables and the such.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Hey welcome to PR. Nice pics of the old place. I agree with Lee in that 1 is my favorite; really holds the attention. Do post more of the pics and let's see what else you have.

Is this the same place that Ghost Hunters went into?

Great Location!

Good photo location! I think the first ones look like good backdrops but as is there's not enough happening. They're just part way there. They have atmosphere but no story, action, or anything to make them a whole photo.

But the third photo, that one is good. I think the composition is too centered and I think the lighting or photo processing could be improved. But it is a grim looking place. You should shoot it in different lighting situations and give it more foreground. Try cropping it so that the buildings are in the top third of the image. And do a search in the forums on the "Rule of Thirds."

Welcome to site, too! You working up the nerve to post some photos on the Mtbr DH forum so those tough guys will quit abusing you? We can help ;)
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Great Location!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Good photo location! I think the first ones look like good backdrops but as is there's not enough happening. They're just part way there. They have atmosphere but no story, action, or anything to make them a whole photo.

But the third photo, that one is good. I think the composition is too centered and I think the lighting or photo processing could be improved. But it is a grim looking place. You should shoot it in different lighting situations and give it more foreground. Try cropping it so that the buildings are in the top third of the image. And do a search in the forums on the "Rule of Thirds."

Welcome to site, too! You working up the nerve to post some photos on the Mtbr DH forum so those tough guys will quit abusing you? We can help ;)
    Thanks for the help!
    Nah photography is my first love over MTBing so I am very happy to have this place to post some of my pictures(in 3 months ive taken 2100 pics)

BTW since i take alot of pictures which portable hardrive do you reccomend and i was wondering if this is a good lense http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs...1022%3Bc915144
    Thanks
    alex

Make a new post

Quote Originally Posted by free-rider_down-hiller
    BTW since i take alot of pictures which portable hardrive do you reccomend and i was wondering if this is a good lense http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs...1022%3Bc915144
    We're pretty loose about what gets posted on the forums here - except for this one. I like to make sure we just stick to photo criticism here. So please post your equipment questions on the Help Files forum. You'll likely get better answers there, anyway. And make sure to check the reviews to see if there are reviews for equipment you're interested in.

Glad you came back and posted again. Mountain bikers are more than welcome here
    Photo-John

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

I'll second that!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    We're pretty loose about what gets posted on the forums here - except for this one. I like to make sure we just stick to photo criticism here. So please post your equipment questions on the Help Files forum. You'll likely get better answers there, anyway. And make sure to check the reviews to see if there are reviews for equipment you're interested in.

Glad you came back and posted again. Mountain bikers are more than welcome here
    Yes, welcome to PR.com!
    I think I have seen your name over on mtbr.
    Since John already said, I'll just second it all.
    I look forward to seeing more from you.
    Make sure you post some sick fr/dh stuff when the season comes back your way.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Ya sorry about my OT post i just figured it wasnt woth a new thread somewhere else!
    But i did check your reviews they were very helpful!

GB1

Very interesting shots, even w/o the location information. The lighting is great on the top two shots. The third puts it in perspective.

Who doesn't know of a place that looks like this, if not in a dream?

gb

New thread

Ya sorry about my OT post i just figured it wasnt woth a new thread somewhere else!
    It's always worth a new thread. You never know who else has the same questions as you do and can also benefit from the discussion.
    Photo-John

Liz

Please post more - I find it intriguing. I look forward to seeing the rest.

Liz

Well these are pics of an abondened mental hospital from the 1800s that me and my brother went exploring in we found autopsy tables,caskets,complete sets of medical utensals, the place is very creepy.I have a ton more pics if anyone wants to see them!

Here are some pics of the final incinerator stack falling i have like 8 more but these are the coolest!

I still have to get my other pics from my camera they will be up by the end of the week.....Im busy!

Well here are a few more!

GB1

If it wasn't a hospital, these could be used to depict the rust belt of American industry. Seems like wintertime is an esp good time to shoot shots like this...

Wow wow wow, nice photos. And welcome. My favorite is definetely the first one out of your third set posted here, very mysterious, excellent composition, NICE SHOT!

The red electrical(?) box against the wall is nice. I think there is a lot more here though. The windows lighting can be captured in many differnt ways other than shooting the entire room.
    For example, closeups of how the window lights play on a small segment of the wall. Maybe even some lighted shots of the walls alone, close up they are great. I could spend about three weeks in a place like this, its so ethreal.

Thread Information