Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Hot Peppers

Hot Peppers

In reality, the smoke smells like Vanilla Incense and not burning peppers ... It's a 12x18 crop that I like - is there too much smoke and not enough peppers, or is it OK like it sits?

tks,

r

Re: Hot Peppers

Is it really burning peppers ?

wish the reflections on the peppers were not as noticeable

Good idea, Nice shot

Pretty cool shot! Good idea.

GB1

Really creative idea there R. I like the smoke and the peppers (Actually, originally being from Maryland, I at first thought that they were steamed CRAB CLAWS! ). I do think, however, that it would work so much better on a smaller scale, say with only 1-3 peppers, rather than the big pile shown here. The center smoke looks excellent, but I don't like how the far left smoke is rising from the lower part of the image; that part makes it look a little fake to me.

It's really odd btw that this image has over 400 views but only three comments including mine. This seems to be a trend on the site lately; looking only, no feedback.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Great idea and I love the way you have captured the smoke which gives it mood

I think the lighting on the peppers could be a bit better. A little bit less reflection maybe and deepen the color

Well done and congrats on the Sticky. Love it, right down to the cool color temp. Looks like a vintage ad.

Thanks guys .... really appreciate the comments. The sticky is also a wonderful bonus !!

r

This photo is badass. I think the brightness and the colors of the peppers make them look like they are really burning. good job.

Wow - i love this shot. At first I thought there was too much "burning" and too little "peppers" but in looking at the picture again and again, I've come to like it as it is. Love the red color of the peppers versus the black backdrop.

Thread Information